6.30.2017

in between

I think the most beautiful parts of living 
are found in between pieces of life 
when your heart is whole 
and nothing grand is around the corner about to jump out at you 
when you're not counting down the days until something begins, 
or days since it happened. 
I think it's beautiful
to order chinese food from down the street on tuesday nights 
& to fall asleep on the couch we've had since the beginning of time, watching my favorite show with my family.
catching fireflies on summer nights & wearing my favorite green sweater that smells like leaves in october.
making biscuits with my mama on sunday morning & keeping my dad awake on road trips in the dead of december. 
it's the moments god gives me in between living & dreaming that make up the memories I smile about, sitting on the porch, staring up at all his stars. 
the campfire conversations & the smell of bookstores in november & running across the never ending ocean at sunset & spring picnics by the lake with my sisters & reading the bible underneath lights strung on my walls & celebrating my brother's birthday...

It's all in the in between. 

No comments:

Post a Comment