12.13.2016

about yesterday

my life has been a series of events going against the things I thought I had planned
to some, it may look as if I'm clumsily trying to contain a monsoon in a jar
and maybe I am 
maybe I'm just chasing the stars 
& maybe I'm a little backwards and flipped upside down 

but they aren't seeing the view from my window 
that window, I crashed trough it a long time ago
and fell free

I rarely land on my feet 
but I don't mind the grass stains 

so here I am.
& from where I'm standing now, 
there are no roadsigns

no next step 
no get out of jail free card

just one day at a time 

      over 
       and 
        over

until I've found my way

doing what I've always done 

laughing hard
& listening to music by people who've been there
learning from the mistakes 
and making more, but differently this time 
praying everyday for a little guidance
& writing about it all at the end of the day

I have absolutely no idea where it is that I'm going
but I know where I'm from
and the people who've always loved me
will always be home
            &
 I'm getting there
to wherever my place in this world is 
but until I find it,
I'm living 
and nothing has ever been so beautiful

       Here I am. 
      In all of my messy, beautiful chaos. 
     Here I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment