9.01.2014

♡♡♡


"I want to live simply.
 I want to sit by a window when it rains & read a book I will never be tested on. 
I want to paint because I want to, not because I've got something to prove. 
I want to listen to my body, fall asleep when the moon is high and wake up slowly, with no place to rush off to. 
I want to not be governed by money or clocks or any of the artificial restraints that humanity imposes on itself. 
I just want to be, boundless & infinite."
 -Whomever left these wonderful words without a name. 

<<I just want to be.>>

I'm frequently asked the same question:
Where do you see yourself in ten years?
 
I'll answer, and they'll think I'm naive.
In ten years you'll find me sitting by a window, admiring the trees.
Probably studying the way the fog wraps itself up and around the earth, losing myself in my own thoughts.
I'll continue to listen to Norah Jones while taking long rides in the car when it rains to escape. 
I will never get used to the beauty of the night sky, and the stars will always make me gasp.
I'll cherish the way it feels to hang up string lights and close my eyes to dream in the warm atmosphere they so perfectly create.
My soul will always yearn to walk into the woods and not return home until the sun brushes the horizon.
My heart will forever race at the thought of the seasons changing.
I'll still think the best night is spent at home surrounded by the people I love, with a good book to the side & a mug of hot chocolate in my hands. 
I'll always fall head over heels in love with the little things in life...
But most of all, in ten years I'll be happy. 
I'll be happy because I know what kind of life I aspire to lead. My dreams can be summed up in three words that branch off into the very deepest of my heart's desires.
 To just be.   
If having the courage to dance to the beat of my own drum, to break the mold of society, and to follow my dreams is naive, then I will never be sophisticated. 
So, if you're looking for me to respond with a specific college, profession, and play by play of my life from now to then, I do not have an answer.
I'm not perfect. My life is messy & I'm constantly distracted. 
Maybe I am naive, but if I am I don't want to be any other way. I'm perfectly, and fearlessly created. I will never fit the mold that has been designed by the world I'm surrounded by, and that is fine. 
Because at the end of the day, I'm ecstatic about life with my mind up in the clouds, and my feet in the puddles of fresh rain. 
I'm simply me.

 xMadeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment