4.10.2017

H I M

I like to think that he'll jump at any chance just to hear my voice. That he'll want my company as much as I want his. And if I lose my way, he'll come to find me & stay by me, even long after I've fallen asleep... he'll look at me & smile while I dream, and maybe he'll dream about what it might be like to have me forever. To be a home for each other's souls. He'll listen to the songs I do, and lose himself inside of them, trying to hear my thoughts in between the lines. When I want to tell him about life as I see it, I might notice the minutes passing, but he'll just look at me & smile, because there's not a place in the world that's better to be. He'll be my friend first, the kind whose shoulder has my name written on it. The kind that answers the phone whenever because he'll know, I've always got something to say. The kind that shares my same laughter. The kind that falls in love with that laughter. The kind that lets me cry when I need to, and wipes the tears away, letting them fall & be forgotten. The patient kind, who'll remind me no matter how many times I need reminding, he's there & he'll move mountains to be by my side if he has to.
 The best kind.
& he'll be careful. So careful when he holds my heart in his hands.
Careful not to break me.
Careful to see me exactly as I am,
and let the rest of the world fall away.

Until all that is left standing,
 is him & I.

No comments:

Post a Comment