2.01.2017

hands

i think it's funny
l o v e 
and what it does to you + i + our hands.
 sometimes i laugh to myself
because i hold your palms so close to mine
so often, they might as well have come attached 
and love, i've traced your smile so many times
i'd know it from a thousand different sets of perfect lips
just like the back of my hand
+ love, i love the way you brush my hair 
with your fingertips
as if i'm the most fragile thing 
you've ever held in your arms
+
i think it's funny, love,
that my hand still hasn't gotten used
to letting yours hold the door
and that your hugs,
 the kind where your hands linger
for a little while
on the small of my back,
still send shivers up my spine
and maybe someday,
you'll tell me how you figured out
how to whisper sweet nothings
with just your thumbs brushing my hands softly
like we've made our own braille
i think it's funny, love,
the funny things that love does
to you + i
+
our hands

No comments:

Post a Comment