1.06.2017

t w o t h o u s a n d m i l e s

sometimes it keeps me up at night
that I won't be there
to tell you happy birthday
or hold your hand
on just any tuesday night

and I'm not a jealous person
but I am jealous of those
who get to see your smile
everyday

It breaks my heart just a little
that no matter how many stars I wish on
I won't be able to
trace your bottom lip
with my index finger
just before I lean in
to whisper I love you

and even if I use every candle wish
In your favor
I still won't feel your arms around me
at least not today
& tomorrow when I wake
it will still be the same

but there's no use in crying over
spilled milk
or the
two thousand miles
In between your heart & mine

and maybe I outta smile
because at least for now
I will never get used
to the way your lips feel
against mine,
how every kiss
still feels like the first
& at least for now
the scent of your cologne
makes my heart jump
at least for now,
"goodbye"
still brings tears to my eyes
at least for now, looking at you
across the room is the most precious,
rarest, indescribably peaceful sight to see

so maybe I outta smile
because when I saw you
for the first time
all over again,
in those blue eyes
I fell in love
all over again

No comments:

Post a Comment