2.15.2015

i m a g i n a t i o n

We let our imaginations change; to become new.
But why must we forget how 
to play,
to explore
&
to create.
We become refined and adapt to growing old...
but in doing so, we lose the wisdom
that comes with the familiarity of the cold earth 
on our feet, and how it feels when our cheeks sting in the crisp air of an autumn, 
orange evening. 
Living becomes merely surviving the second you forget how to explore. 
Letting myself become dull
and blaming it on the years of my existence
 is to say I was never given the opportunity to live;
Rather, I've neglected the occasion.

I miss knowing that sundown meant running home for dinner, 
but staying out anyway because going in meant letting the day come to a close.

I never want to forget how sweet the wild air smells surrounded by the open.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment